Featuring special guest: Paralympic & Para-World Champion Eve McCrystal
The first of three scheduled Youth training camps will take place during the mid-term break, from Thursday 15th February – Sat 17th February.
This camp will now form part of the new Youth Development programme.
The format will give the riders a chance to try some of the many disciplines within cycling (Road / Track / Off-Road).
Th newly refurbished Avon Ri, Adventure Centre in Co. Wicklow will again be the base for the weekend.
After a busy day on the bike, the young riders will learn about some of the vital skills that will help support them as they develop as a cyclist. We will have some talks on training advice, race preparation and goal setting.
The camp is subsidised by the Women’s Commission of Cycling Ireland (Accom / Coaches / Travel /Venues / CPO etc.)
Total Cost Per Rider @ €150
Venue: Avon Ri Adventure Center, Blessington, Co. Wicklow
Ages: Girls from Under 14s to U23s
Standard required: Participants must have a road bike in good order, a helmet and a Cycling Ireland licence. Under 14s should be able to ride 40k, under 16s should be able to ride 70k and under 23s 90k. These requirements are for the purposes of safety.
- Arrival: Avon Ri Thursday 15th Feb between 9 – 10 am
- Thursday Morning: Skills & Spins starting 10.45 am
- Thursday – Pm Activities TBC
- Friday – Morning: Mounting Biking at The Gap Mountain Bike Park
- Friday Evening: Activity TBC
- Saturday: Track training at Sundrive Velodrome, Dublin, including talk from Olympic and World Champion Eve McCrystal
- Camp finishes on Saturday 17th in Sundrive Velodrome at 3pm approx.
Cost €150. This includes:
- Two nights’ accommodation with full board;
- Transport to Mountain biking and Sundrive
- Coaching from some of Irelands best coaches.
- Track bike hire
(MTB hire NOT included – cost: 15 Euro)
Spaces are strictly limited. The camp represents excellent value and places are likely to fill up fast so please make sure to sign up as soon as possible using this link if you are interested in taking part. Please note you can pay on the day –
contact email@example.com with any queries.