Dungarvan CC will host an Open ‘Training & Cycling Information Day’ for all female cyclists in Dungarvan, Co Waterford on Saturday 6th October.
We are delighted to confirm that former World Champion & Professional Cyclist Martyn Irvine will attend, and do a talk (Q&A) on his pathway from complete beginner to becoming a pro-cyclist.
Irvine competed professionally between 2008 and 2017 , before retiring to work as a directeur sportif for the Aqua Blue Sport Pro team. Irvine is a Multi National Champion and represented the Irish National track team in the Omnium event at the World Cup Classics, and was world champion in the scratch race in 2013. Martyn also works closely with Irish riders including the Arcane Women’s Team (Co-founded by Irvine in 2016)
All female cyclists of all ages and abilities are invited to attend, and the day promises to be very beneficial from a training, information and sociable perspective and will take in Dungarvan, the world Unesco Global Geopark known as the Copper Coast and the famous The Déise Greenway
Arrive: Park Hotel, Dungarvan
Time: 10:30am for 11am start – 3pm
Date: Saturday 6th October
- 5km warm up taking in the now famous Déise Greenway with breath-taking views of Dungarvan Bay and the Comeragh Mountains
- Leaving the Greenway after approx. 5km the ride will consist of a 60km spin taking in the rolling Copper Coast (which is a UNESCO Global Geoparkhttps://coppercoastgeopark.com/ ) with breathtaking views of the Waterford Coastline.
- At 12:00pm all groups arrive at Coach House Coffee near Kilmacthomas https://www.coachhousecoffee.ie/ for a short coffee stop. For Under 12 riders can meet the group here and all ride back together to Dungarvan (20km) via the Déise Greenway.
- The older and more experienced riders may wish to return Dungarvan as a group via the Main N25 and Coast Road. (25km)
- Arrive at the Park Hotel 2pm, change and have lunch (sandwiches will be provided)
- 2:30pm talk and Q&A with Melanie Spath
- 3:30pm finish
If you would like to attend please RSPV to Email: email@example.com as soon as possible to reserve your place. The event is free of charge for Cycling Ireland members , and will have a token cost for new members.
If you have any questions please let us know.
Cycling Ireland Women’s Commission
Contact us If your club would like to host a Women’s Training Day