A Cycling Ireland Women’s Commission Team will line up at Manchester Velodrome for an International Omnium in the new year .
We would like to thank all that applied (Selection Criteria)
The Team will be led by Multi Elite Track Medallist Sofie Loscher .
Sofie was the Team Leader for the Women’s Commission Team in the Women’s International ‘Tour Of Omagh’ this year , and will act as TL /Rider rep for this event.
Former Irish International (Elite Track & Road National Medallist) Róisín Kennedy will manage the Team.
We are delighted to include a list of Development Riders , Elite National Medallists , a Masters Champion , and talented Juniors in our final selection
Cycling Ireland Women’s Commission Team:
- Sofie Loscher – Sundrive Track Team
- Gill Haverty – Arcane Women’s Team
- Susie Mitchel – Sundrive Track Team
- Lyndsey Bryce – Dublin Wheelers
- Grace Irvine – Arcane Women’s Team
- Claire Ní Reachtagain – North Tipperary Wheelers
- Aisling Conlon – Sundrive Track Team
- Ewa Kuras – Arcane Women’s Team
- Agnieszka Samsel – Dublin Wheelers
- Anne Coleman – Sundrive Track Team
- Álmha Kissane (Junior) – Arcane Women’s Team
- Keela MacHale (Junior) – Arcane Women’s Team
- Hannah Tilly (Junior) – Arcane Women’s Team
- Eva Brennan – Deenside Wheelers
- Team Manager: Róisín Kennedy – Arcane Womens Team
- Team Coach : Brendan Whelan – Bicycle Design Centre
The event on January 7th will see the return of the ACT Track League , with guest riders from Ireland and all of the UK (Some top riders already confirmed) .
The Women’s racing on the night will follow an Omnium format , with overall prizes (Including one sponsored by the Women’s Commission).
The Manchester Velodrome (National Cycling Centre) was Britain’s first indoor Olympic cycling track, and since it opened in 1994, has achieved the status as the World’s finest and fastest track.
The Team will race under the banner of the ‘Women’s Commission Of Cycling Ireland’ wearing our colours in the event.
Former Manchester Velodrome Manager Bob Barber will prepare & Coach our Irish Riders on Sunday night .
We would like to thank Tony Orrell and his team (Torelli Racing) for all their help.