(proudly sponsored by Appleby Jewelers)
The Women’s Crit Series hosted by Scott-Orwell Wheelers returns for 2018 and this year we are delighted to welcome a new sponsor – Appleby Jewelers.
The Women’s Crit League welcomes all levels and abilities of women racing from absolute beginners to experienced veterans from all clubs and interested parties. We aim to offer women new to the racing scene an introduction and foundation upon which to develop, while giving more experienced riders a solid platform to progress their race season. There will be separate handicapped races for beginner, intermediate and advanced racers.
The six race series will commence with a 16k time trial (8k for Under 16s) on Tuesday April 10th at Black Bull, Co. Meath. There will be to 4 different handicap groups for subsequent races based on the times from the TT.
The following three rounds of Tuesday night racing will be at Corkagh Park, on the dedicated traffic free Cycle Track. The fifth round will consist of a road race in Brittas.
The sixth and final round of the league will return to Black Bull for another 16k time trial, giving riders the opportunity to compare their performance over the course of the series and
realise their advancement and achievements, followed by prize giving on the night.
Appleby Jewelers are very kindly donating vouchers to first, second and third place in each category.
League dates & locations:
10th April: TT 17th April: Crit 24th April: Crit 1st May: Crit 8th May: Road 15th May: TT League details:
Black Bull Corkagh Park Corkagh Park Corkagh Park Brittas
- To register please use the following link: Crit League Sign Up Form
- Entry fee €5 per night or €25 for six rounds
- Cycling Ireland Full Competition or Limited Competition Licence is required
- Unlicensed riders may purchase a One-day Cycling Ireland Licence on the night for €10
- Sign on for time trials from 6.20pm and riders are encouraged to ride out to the start asparking is limited. For safety, all participants should have lights on their bikes (particularly a
- Time Trial Start Location on google maps: Black Bull TT Start
- Corkagh Park/Road Race sign on from 6.20pm, Racing starts at 7pm sharp.
- The car park at Corkagh Park closes early so please do not park in here as you may getlocked in. Please park on the road outside the park or ride to the start.
Full details on www.orwellwheelers.org and through the Facebook Event page:
For queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org