The Women’s Commission are delighted to announce a New Women’s Intermediate League for 2018.
The League is aimed at bridging the gap between our Introduction League Events (Corkagh Park , Munster Lge etc) and the National League.
The Women’s Commission have identified Races that are suitable for riders new to Open Race Events.
The League will include a Leaders Jersey , and an Overall Prize List.
Have you tried racing and want more experience?
Designed for women looking for an introduction into road racing
Races between 50-70 km
Prizes for top 6 finishers
Prize List :
Intermediate League Riders can benefit from ‘on the day race prizes’ from the host events , a Women’s Commission League Leaders Jersey presented to each individual League Leader , Overall Winners Medals , and a Women’s Commission prize fund of €750
The Intermediate League is new to the 2018 Racing Calendar (Catering For W2 & W3 Riders Only) and is aimed at riders looking for a stepping stone between Women’s Beginner League Races , and the Women’s National Road Series .
Medals and prize money will be presented at the final event of the League.
Ist Unplaced Junior €50
1st Unplaced Under 16 Rider €50
- In the event of two riders finishing with the same points total , the riders will be separated based on number of wins . If there is still a tie , riders will be separated on higher placings in most recent race.
- A Riders Best 5 placings from 7 Events will count towards Overall League Position
Top 6 in each race get Intermediate League Points (6,5,4,3,2,1).
A rider’s best 5 races will count towards the Intermediate League Overall Points Total
The League is open to W2 & W3 Categorised riders only .
New Women’s Categories 2018
- W1 = A1 and A2 riders / top 10 from 2017 National Championships / top 6 overall from 2017 National Series / W2 riders who have got enough grading points during 2018 to be upgraded.
- W2 = A3 riders / W3 riders who have got enough grading points during 2018 to be upgraded.
- W3 = A4 riders / Limited Competition / Under 16 Riders
*There will be exceptions (e.g. An A2 can be a W2 on request to Grading Officer)
Any riders who wish to be Upgraded / Downgraded can make a request by email to the Grading Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
W1 riders cannot race in the Intermediate League (including riders upgraded to W1 mid-season).
Once a rider is upgraded to W1 they stop racing in the Intermediate League, but their Intermediate League points total still remains on the Intermediate League Table and they are eligible for an overall Intermediate League prize.
Intermediate League Race Schedule
• 1) April 22nd : Waller Cup, Bohermeen
• 2) April 29th : Deenside Cup, Castlecomer
• 3) May 20th : Emyvale GP *
• 4) June 16th : Naas Time Trial *
• 5) July 8th : North Tipp Wheelers GP
• 6) July 22nd : TBC
• 7) August 5th : TBC