Jennifer Neenan (VIB: Natural Greatness) won the opening stage of the 2020 Intermediate league.
Jennifer will wear the leaders jersey going into Stage 2 just ahead of Caoimhe May (Quanta Scott Orwell) & Deborah Madden (Sundrive Track Team).
With all three events counting in the revised league, Caoimhe May (Podium 2019) will pose the biggest threat to Neenans hold on the jersey for Round 2 (Sunday 16th August – Limerick Racecourse (Greenmount CA)
- Jenny Neenan VIB: Natural Greatness 24:12.46
- Caoimhe May: Quanta Scott Orwell Wheelers 25:40.26
- Deborah Madden: Sundrive Track Team 25:51.92
- Eva Brennan: Deenside Wheelers 26:13.83
- Emily Doyle: Naas CC 26:21.30
- Catherine Mahoney : UCDCC 27:01.86
- Elizabeth Kent : Arcane Women’s Team 27:08.72
- Roisin Kennedy: Arcane Women’s Team 27:25.63
- Helen White: Stamullen RC 27:31.23
- Joanne White Drogheda Wheelers 27:38.50
- Gill Haverty: Arcane Women’s Team 28:08.69
- Julieann Byrne: Lucan CRC 28:09.18
- Laura Mc Munn: UCD Cycling Club 28:17.62
- Fiona Kelly: Wicklow Velo 28:32.52
- Amy Kinsella: TC Racing 29:39.20
The Intermediate League will consist of the following races:
1) Saturday 1st August – Danny O’Shea Memorial 10m TT (Sorrento CC)
2) Sunday 16th August – Limerick Racecourse (Greenmount CA)
3) Saturday 19th September – Mick Lawless Memorial (St. Tiernan’s CC)
All 3 races to count towards the League.
The revised Women’s Intermediate League
The Intermediate League caters for W2/W3 Category Senior & Junior riders only .
The League is aimed at bridging the gap between our Introductory Racing Events and the National Road Series.
The Women’s Commission have identified Races that are suitable for riders new to Open Race Events.
The League will include a Leader’s Jersey and has an Overall Prize List.
The League Leader will wear the Women’s Commission’s Leaders Jersey. A Rider will be deducted one point per event for not wearing the leader’s jersey.
Designed for women looking for an introduction into road racing, Have you tried racing and want more experience?
The inaugural Intermediate leagues were a major success for Women’s Cycling In Ireland in 2018 and 2019 (We would like to thank all the host clubs for helping to promote Women’s Racing).
Intermediate League Riders may benefit from ‘on the day race prizes’ from the host events , a Women’s Commission League Leaders Jersey presented to each individual League Leader , Overall Winners Medals , and a Women’s Commission prize fund.
In the event of two riders finishing with the same points total , the riders will be separated based on number of wins . If there is still a tie , riders will be separated on higher placings in most recent race