Action from XC Racing, courtesy of Ross Pearson Photography
With the first round of the mountain bike cross-country national points series (XC NPS) a mere four weeks away, the Off Road Commission has announced new women’s jerseys for the winners of the Senior 1 and 2 categories. The first round will be in Djouce, Co. Wicklow on 19th April, with subsequent rounds to be held throughout the country.
New women’s winners jerseys for the XC National Points Series – we like!
Series co-ordinator Max Staroniewicz promises an exciting five round series, leading nicely to the Championship weekends in the summer months. “It would be great to get more women racing MTB this year, and with this in mind, we’re delighted to announce the two women’s jerseys for the winners of the Senior 1 and 2 cats”, he says. “In addition to the jerseys, we’re making MTB racing more appealing by giving riders the chance to race brand new a Vitus bike, sponsored by Chain Reaction Cycles. The first ten S3 women riders to register will be entered into a draw, the winner of which will receive the bike a week ahead of the race – plenty of time to get used to them in time for the real thing!”
So if you’re interested in some off-road action this season, here are the essential details:
- Calendar of events http://irishxcnps.ie/?page_id=14
- Sign up form for Rd 1 https://fs17.formsite.com/offroadeventsreg/XCNPS/index.html
- Details of Vitus/Chain Reaction Cycles bike competition http://irishxcnps.ie/?p=538
- Follow the XC NPS Series on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/irishxcnps
- Off-Road Commission http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie