The Board of Cycling Ireland will sanction the holding of a demonstration event preliminary to the holding of a full championship for Masters Women 20km Time Trial.
This event was sanctioned at the AGM of Cycling Ireland in 2014. New championship events are subject to regulations T10.Art 2 to 5 inclusive of the Cycling Ireland General Administrative Regulations, Technical Regulations and Procedures.
A decision on dates for 2020 and subsequent years will be taken at the 2019 AGM of Cycling Ireland.
The event will be open to women:
- Who have an IRL designation on their license
- Who hold a current Competition or Limited Competition license
- Who were born in or prior to 1979
- Who have pre-registered for the event
- Who have not entered the Women’s Senior Time Trial Championship in 2019On completion of a successful event the Board of Cycling Ireland will introduce an amendment to regulation T10.1 Article 11 to include a figure of 6 riders as the minimum requirement for the number of female riders for M40 Championships.