Applications are now open for Host Clubs to apply for the very popular Women’s Intermediate League 2020.
Your event will receive full support and promotion from the Women’s Commission of Cycling Ireland.
There are conditions:
- Race must be a separate Women’s Race (The League is popular, but we have no minimum entry requirements – no exceptions)
- The Course should be 50 km – 60 km long (i.e. shorter than National Road Series races)
- Our league is aimed at novice / intermediate racers, the best women riders will not be allowed to race. We will have a list of excluded riders on our website (W1). Riders are aware of this.
- We will provide a jersey for the league leader to wear in your race (One Jersey per rider). We are not using any external sponsors, so it will just have the Women’s Commission logo on it.
- The race should have a dedicated Commissaire, a lead car and a support car – if your numbers are low (less than 20) and your club need a contribution towards the race expenses, we are here to help.
- The Women’s Commission promote all of the races in our League on our Website , Twitter, Facebook, so send on any race posters / details / links etc.
- The Overall Prize fund is paid for by the Women’s Commission, however the host club should present prizes for 1st six and 1st unplaced Junior on the day (In the unlikely event that you have a low race entry, we can contribute towards this).
Thank you to all the clubs that have supported this initiative for the last two seasons, and we are looking forward to getting even more women racing in 2020.
Email: email@example.com to support women’s cycling 2020