Women’s Commission Of Cycling Ireland AGM 2019
- Only Cycling Ireland Members, and persons invited by the Chairperson may address the meeting (Those casting votes must be at least 18 years old as at the date of the AGM).
- Each Club will have Voting Reps as per Cycling Ireland Membership M & A (Licence must be produced at Sign-on)
- A speaker shall not speak more than once in debate on any motion or amendment
- In reply to debate the movers must confine themselves to answering previous speakers and must not introduce new matters into the discussion.
- Speakers may be limited to three minutes for the mover of the motion, two minutes for the mover of the amendment and one minute for other speakers.
- Only Motions officially submitted to the Commision will be considered at the meeting.
- Any person ruled out of order by the Chairperson will cease speaking and resume their seat.
- Any person who, having been ruled out of order by the Chairperson, refuses to comply with these Standing Orders will be expelled from the meeting.
- To consider the minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting
- Chairperson’s address (Róisín Kennedy)
- Treasurer Report (Silvia Gallagher)
- Ulster Report (Shaun MacBride)
- Youth Report (Liz Roche)
- Corkagh Park Report (Lorna Reilly)
- Strategy Document
- Motions for Cycling Ireland AGM
The following Commission positions are vacant as at the Annual General Meeting:
- Treasurer: Silvia Gallagher
- Ulster Rep: Shaun MacBride
- Munster Rep: Pauline Russell
- Off Road Rep: Silvia Gallagher
- Commission Member: Liz Roche
- Colin Machale – Inspiration Cycling Club
- Lorna Reilly – Liz Roche / Orwell Wheelers
*Both Nominees will have five minutes to address the meeting
Nominations Ulster Rep: Shaun MacBride
- Shaun MacBride – Omagh Wheelers (Unopposed)
Nominations Off Road Rep
- Bernie Commins – Silvia Gallagher (Unopposed)
- Liz Roche – Silvia Gallagher (Unopposed)
Minutes of AGM 2018 (October 14th)
Venue: Sundrive Track,
Business arising from the AGM
- Minutes of 2017 AGM accepted by the meeting (Proposed V.Considine / Seconded C.Mckenna).
- Cairpersons Report: Róisín Kennedy (Published)
- Treasurer Report : Melanie Spath (Published)
- Munster Report :Pauline Russell (Published).
- Motions to Women’s Commission AGM (Attached below).
- InterClub League: A big success / Format to remain the same . Compile list of Clubs that would like to host Intermediate League Events – Action Brendan Whelan
- Membership Awards – Discussion had on the various categories with New WC Commission to review them
- Women’s Commission Strategy Document to be completed for 2019 AGM – Action Sivia, Róisín.
- Women’s grading System – Cycling Ireland to follow-up to see what changes are needed in the license system. WC to Review Grading Points for 2019 Action Melanie Spath, Róisín Kennedy , Brendan Whelan
- Discipline Specific Coaching days – Action Silvia Gallagher
- Track: WC Team to race at Manchester Velodrome in January – Action Brendan Whelan
- Corkagh Park: John Hammond & Lorna Reilly expressed an interest in Corkagh Park races. Final Dates , Club Roster , Race Information ,Risk Assessment : Action John Hammond , Lorna Reilly
- Next Commission Meeting set for November 18th
- Talent Team Structures – Action C.I Board Rep . Changes needed for existing structures
- Women’s Pathway / HP structure – Action C.I / Youth Rep
- More female members required on CI Board and Sub-Committees – Action CI
Róisín Kennedy: Chairperson (Unopposed)
Brendan Whelan: Secretary / PRO (Unopposed)
John Hammond: Corkagh Park Rep (from the floor)
Lorna Reilly: Corkagh Park Rep (from the floor)
*Theresa Finn co-opted on to the Commission – Approved by All (November 18th)
Roles for 2019 Commission appointed by Róisín Kennedy
• Róisín Kennedy – Chairperson , Intermediate League , Rider Grading, Road Bursary
• Melanie Spath – Treasurer, Rider Grading, Off-Road Bursary
• Brendan Whelan – Secretary, Grading Officer, PRO, Road & Track Teams, Track Bursary,
• Silvia Gallagher – Off-Road Rep , Stategy Document, Off-Road Bursary.
• Pauline Russell – Munster Rep
• Theresa Finn – Asst Munster Rep
• Shaun McBride – Ulster Rep
• Dave Tilly – Junior Rep
• Lorna Reilly – Youth Rep , Corkagh Park
• John Hammond – Corkagh Park, Calendar
Motions to 2018 WC AGM:
Una May / Orwell Wheelers:
To seek guidance in relation to how Rule T4 (article 3)(6) – below – can be implemented in the absence of a National Development Coach and in the absence of youth and junior development squads.
ARTICLE 3 – YOUTHS AND JUNIORS GENERAL
1. With the exception of National Championships, Masters and Women of 2nd year junior age or over, may be allowed to take part in Youth (16) races but will not be subject to the maximum gear limit for the grade with which they race.
2. All prize winners and other riders designated must present their bicycles for a gear check at the facilities
provided by the organiser immediately following the race or at any other location so designated.
3. The gear measured will be the highest obtainable on the machine.
4. Failure to appear or the bike being over geared for the age category will lead to a penalty being applied which will normally be disqualification (in a road race) or relegation (in a stage race).
5. In any dispute relative to rule T4.A3.4 above, the Chief Commissaries decision is final.
6. With written permission of the appropriate National Development Coach, youth development squad riders and Junior development squad riders who have not upgraded under rule T3.3.A may be allowed to compete in higher classification events. This written permission must be presented to the race Commissaire prior to the start of the event if requested. These riders will still be subject to their appropriate gear restriction.
With written permission of the appropriate National Development Coach, youth development squad riders and Junior development squad riders who have not upgraded under rule T3.3.A may be allowed to compete in higher classification events. This written permission must be presented to the race Commissaire prior to the start of the event if requested. These riders will still be subject to their appropriate gear restriction.)
Cycling Ireland: Regarding the query from Una in respect of the application of point 6 below the role of Development Officer, youth and junior, has been taken over by Martin O’Loughlin
The current version of the rule was proposed by the Road Commission and passed at last year’s AGM. Martin is deemed by the head of the HP Unit to be the National Junior Coach and as such he would be the person referred to in the rule